San Antonio, TX
The Port Authority of San Antonio selected Satterfield & Pontikes Construction as the Construction Manager-at-Risk for the Port of San Antonio renovation project, the complete renovation of an historic building. Originally built in 1929, the structure was part of Kelly Air Force Base and built to withstand an air attack with both cast-in-place concrete and steel structural support. One Kelly Way is now the headquarters of the Port Authority of San Antonio, providing central administrative control in a handsome setting for the Port Authority’s many responsibilities.
Scope of work on this project included:
• Completely gutting the building and converting it to four floors of office space and a state-of-the-art conference room
• The installing all new systems: HVAC, electrical and electrical access, mechanical, plumbing, and data
• Building the conduits for both data and security
• Working with considerable and specific restrictions: the preservation of the entire facade, original tile roof, and all of the trees surrounding the structure
• Installing wood, vinyl-clad windows that meet current codes of insulation while complying with preservation standards