The City of Dallas awarded Satterfield & Pontikes Construction a contract to lead the construction of the Jack Evans Police Headquarters Building. The facility marked the first to be constructed by the City under the Leadership in Energy and Environment Design (LEED) program, a federal "green" building initiative that promotes recycling and energy-efficient design and construction.
As part of the LEED program, S&P was required to maintain the highest quality of cleanliness. Following are just a few examples of the processes S&P enforced to ensure compliance with the LEED requirements:
• Recycling all excess materials
• Keeping ductwork covered at all times
• Using special air fi lters to reduce dirt and point particle contamination
• Vacuuming all tracks before drywall installation
• Monitoring and testing air quality on a regular basis